Damon Achey, .NET Developer
| Colorado Springs, CO | 425-761-2313
Experienced C# developer having worked at multiple large and small companies. Looking for new and interesting technical challenges.
Enterprise Resource Organization 2014-Present
IT Applications Programmer Senior
- Implemented custom internal component versioning and CI/CD system for corporate wide integration into multiple enterprise wide platforms.
- Worked on large scale enterprise project team (~200 people) to overhaul the entire customer portal experience with my agile team focussing primarily on the payment and billing management site components in AngularJS, TypeScript, C#, and .NET.
- Integration of large scale master data management (MDM) / customer relationship management (CRM) package into existing legacy infrastructure.
- Participated in hiring interview process for new hires, leading technical interviews and whiteboard coding exercises.
Progressive Insurance (Precision
Enterprise Resource Organization 2013-2014
IT Applications Programmer Senior/Vendor
- Developed WCF/SOAP services for requesting, caching, and processing driver motor vehicle records resulting in significant savings on one of the single largest new customer acquisition costs.
- Maintained and updated large legacy code base for multiple applications dealing with management of data external to the company.
- Participated in all phases of software development life cycle.
Susquehanna International Group
Books and Records 2012-2013
- Contributed to the design of next generation high throughput, low latency, distributed messaging system for high frequency trade reporting.
- Worked with trading systems and compliance teams to ensure proper reporting while supporting concurrent legacy and future systems.
- Quickly understand complex messaging schema describing complex financial interactions.
- Provided tools and support for live systems monitoring.
Bing Commerce Platform 2009-2011
Software Design Engineer/Vendor
- Designed and implemented process management framework to control crowdsourced product quality assurance.
- Worked in an Agile environment employing test driven design principles throughout the project lifecycle.
- Managed relations with external workers and offshore teams for rapid improvement and problem resolution.
- Developed an instant search engine for internal business rules data allowing continuous synchronization between US, and overseas teams.
- Designed a componentized job service engine and web interface for reporting and statistical analysis of internal processes.
- Worked with Microsoft Research to design and implement tests for improving machine learning toolset.
Windows Mobile Division 2002-2008
Software Design Engineer
- Developed distributed code quality suite to validate code changes across large array of hardware platforms. Improved entire code base stability and reduced development blockage by an order of magnitude.
- Led internal product development, planning, and scheduling for five person team ensuring product completeness and schedule targets were achieved.
- Gave presentations at company wide seminars on best development practices.
- Hardware integration developer in charge of maintaining and porting new development platforms. Direct work with external hardware partners to resolve design issues.
- Implemented dynamic OS upgrade support for Windows Mobile. Including the execute in place from ROM and update on demand from devices in the field.
- Maintained binary image update utility across kernel driver model migration.
Windows Mobile Division 2000-2002
Software Design Engineer/Test
- Redesigned Windows CE binary image building tool set. Gained in-depth knowledge of several Windows CE core areas including: compression, executable (PE) file formats, ROM formatting, and kernel driver handling.
- Designed test automation for image update processes
- Implemented web portal and device side logging to track internal stress testing results.
Desktop Operating Systems, Windows ME 1999-2000
Software Design Engineer/Test
- Implemented 1394 debugging support for legacy free versions of Windows ME.
- Developed tests for PCI, CardBus, and PCMCIA.
BS Computer Engineering